So now was the time to bring all the elements together and create a new image.
First i started with the dunce and her cell. The dunce was cut out of the background and placed in the cell. There was already a dull light in the cell but i decided to bring the brightness down and create even more emphasis on the light.
The shadow under the dunce was darkened to stand out more as well. The next step was to put the gramophone into the corner. This was slightly more difficult as the angle was all wrong from the original image. the shadow on the wall allowed me to manipulate it more. Adding highlights with the brightness/contrast gave the image depth and as a result didn’t look too out of place.
The hardest part of the whole process was the book. At first i tried to rotate it so it was facing the dunce but I could not distort it to make it look natural. In the end I left it facing the same way, in a way it gave the picture more realism as it showed that tyne dunce was crazy.
The shadow and the highlights on the book make it fit into the picture and not stand out as if it has been placed there. Again it was created using the brightness/contrast tool. A photo filter was added to give slightly more colour and a warmer colour.
The final outcome looks like this. I added a layer of curves on the whole image to give it more warmth. It added to the outcome I think. At the end i looked at the image and it looked like it needed something else, so I added some text above the dunces’ head.
Here is the link from deviant art for the cell:
I am quite happy with the final outcome. Now on to the next one.